Monday, March 11, 2013

Week Seventy Four.


Hello there everyone,

I hope that every one's week was amazing. This week here sure was. I can really see that all my hard wok here in the mission is paying off in this area. I can not express how grateful i am to be here in this place. I love the area, love the people, love my companion and everything else. I really love working here. This week some exciting new things happened. I will give the highlights on what happened. 

A miracle really happened this week. We were finally able to talk to an eternal investigator this week. She has been going to church for about a year but never was able to talk to the missionaries  because something always came up. We met with her Monday and asked her how she felt about Church, she then bore a beautiful testimony of the church and started crying, the spirit was super strong. We then at the end of the lesson invited her to be baptized for that same Saturday. She was shocked thought about it then said with tears in her eyes, alight, i accept. It was one of the best lessons i have ever had. We then met with her doing the week and got he ready for baptism. Her baptism had a bunch of people and she was feeling the spirit super strong. I was blessed to have the privilege to help her in this journey in her life. 

Yesterday evening there was a Regional Fireside about missionary work. President Lanius (our mission president) was giving the fireside with an area seventy, and invited Sister Harris and me to bare our testimonies about missionary wok]k. I was excited and super nervous at the same time. But we bore our testimonies and everything was great. A lot of people came to talk to me afterwards and ask me questions. President also asked us to sing the mission hymn that we have, but reverently for everyone. Wow that was interesting. Usually we scream and yell stuff for fun. So we got all messed up and half way through we forgot pat of the hymn, hahha, it was funny. But we carried on. But i loved hearing all the things that wee said and the animation of the youth that were prepping for missions that were there. It made me have a lot more animation for the work too. I am really excited and privileged to be a missionary now. And i want to try and give my all these weeks as I work.

I am continually working hard and trying to give my all to the wok of the Lord. Every day I come home more
 tired, more exhausted, more burnt and everything, but yet every day i am more proud of the wok that i am doing here and know that the Lord is pleased with me and the wok that i am doing here to help bring his children unto him. I am very grateful to be here serving the lord in this great force. 

I hope that everyone has a great week and that you can feel the Lord´s love with you.

Love you all,
Sister Rebecca Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment